Monday, August 23, 2010

The Creation of Inspiration

Today started at 4:36 am! God has always enjoyed our early morning talks, sometimes more than I do. But today I was excited to hear from Him.

Over the next few days I am trying to get my body ready to hit the gym for my pre-sunrise workout. I have taken a long vacation from them and now a good friend and I are going to start back up, going three days a week. I want to be awake by 4:45 am each day so that I can get ready and out the door by 5:10. We are kicking off this fun-ride of physical exertion on Wednesday this week, so I am preparing myself today and tomorrow.

God being the amazing provider He is of course knew this and woke me up early today so that I could spend some time with Him before I began to plan out my week. It's funny how I can make my plans and forget to include The One that makes all these plans possible. Thankfully He does not forget me. Thankfully He is willing to meet me where I am, get in my face and remind me what is important.

What was important today you might ask? Well a little thing called Inspiration. God is good at that. He is an endless supply of inspiration for the imagination. And this morning, at 4:36 am, He wanted to share it with me.

It took me a few minute to realize He meant business today. This was not going to be our run of the mill conversation. I was not going to get away with drifting in and out of consciousness, as He sometimes allows me to do in the wee small hours of the morning. Today was a day of purpose. It was time to make good on the promises I made yesterday of creating an online community for women of faith.

And so He began, sharing His inspiration with me: Blog Topics. 217 of them to be exact! You see yesterday I had been nervous, wondering if I would really be able to share thoughts that might be interesting to others. How on earth would I be able to keep up with the demands of my life and be creative and witty all at the same time.

I have checked out other blogs and am reading a few books on blogging but nothing can really prepare you for deciding to open up your heart and your mind for interpretation and comment from other people. But in His wisdom, God brought me to Galatians. In chapter 5 verse 6(b) Paul says, "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." And then in chapter 6 verse 10, "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

Those words, paired with the 217 topic ideas, have given me the strength, the courage, the passion of the Holy Spirit to move forward. To put one word after the other. To be brave in sharing the thoughts God challenges me with, and to do it on a daily basis.

I pray that you will find these thoughts interesting. I pray they challenge you to build on your relationship with God. I pray that you will grow with me as we mature in our faith and create a supportive community. A Community of Faith. A community that is willing to Step out in Faith...with Coffee. I know I am going to need a BIG cup tomorrow. It will take some serious caffeine to get me moving at 4:45 every morning!

Until Tomorrow - God Bless,
Drea

2 comments:

  1. Drea,
    I love your new blog and am so glad you are doing it! This post has convicted me that God wants me to get up early too, I have been failing at that as of late. Thanks:) It says Nathan's name, but it is Katie, he is just the account name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Drea,

    Congratulations on the new direction your career and life is heading in. Praying for many blessings for you and your family over the next year.

    Welcome to blogging too! Now I know two bloggers in real life...I am excited. Even though we don't see each other much anymore (except on FB) :)

    Let me know if you stop by to visit me on the blog. My blog is more of family focused... started blogging when I could not keep up with scrapbooking any longer. I will add you to my blog roll too!


    Many blessings,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete