Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Update

Well, my life as an only child continues to be an interesting one ;)

My Mom was released from the hospital last Friday, only to be readmitted on Sunday evening. The Drs are running all kinds of tests to see what is going on so I am heading off to the hospital again early this morning to see what the results are.

God shows up in the time and space that we give Him, and my drives back and forth from the hospital have always been fruitful time between Him and I. Sometimes I spend my time in prayer, sometimes I listen to Life 102.5, sometimes I am talking with a friend. But no matter what I am doing, God shows up to provide me with encouragement, strength and love.

Now sure, there have been times when my own exhaustion or frustration have closed me off to what God is wanting to send me, but thankfully He loves me enough to push through my junk and get His message across.

Are there times when all you really needed was a dose of Jesus? Have you felt like the world is just too much and all you need is a Savior that can take it all from you? Do you sometimes wish your best friend was right next to you so you could laugh, scream, cry or just talk with them? I feel like that a lot!

So..... How can you make time for Jesus today? How can you be open, give Him the time and the space, to enter into whatever it is you have going on in your life? How can you surrender your "issues" to Him and let Him take care of you? How can you show Him that you trust Him with all that you have?

My prayer for today is that we all realize our need for a Savior, The Savior, and take the time to make Him Our Savior. I pray that whatever we are going through; the good, the bad and the ugly, that we are able to lay it down at His feet and honestly let Him take it for us. I pray that we are all open to God's healing Grace and His unending Love.

Until We Meet Again,

Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment