Monday, September 20, 2010

My Warm Blanket

I do not want to get out of my warm blanket today. I am comfy and cozy and it is starting to get chilly out there. We are moving into that time of year when the temperature changes can mean a 20 degree difference from morning to afternoon. Don't get me wrong, I love fall with all its beautiful colors and smells of pumpkin and burning leaves, but the older I get the harder it is for me to adjust to temp changes. Jeez, I sound 80 now but its true.

There is a certain joy I experience in autumn when I first wake up, roll over, and snuggle down a little further under my warm blanket. I don't get that kind of joy in the summer when I have just a light sheet and the fan going to keep me cool. And I don't get that same joy in the dead of winter when it gets so cold I wish I had my heated water bed back. And by spring I am ready to throw the covers off. But for today, and for the next few weeks, under my blanket is the perfect place to linger a bit longer.

My morning prayers changed today, under my blanket. They moved to thinking about others that may not have the luxury of a warm blanket. They included wishes for fall family fun. They challenged me to not get too comfortable. They reminded me that I am called to be a comforting place for others.

So now I am ready to stick my toes out from under the blanket. I am ready to take my comfort and to share it. I am ready to bring warmth and joy to a world that is in great need of both. I am thankful for having experienced all of these so that I can pour them out onto others.

What kind of comfort and joy can you bring to the world today? How can you help someone else to feel the warmth you experienced under your blanket this morning? Who do you know that is in need of a change?

My prayer for you today is that you are able to experience comfort, and warmth, and joy so that you know how wonderful they are and you can not help but to share them with others. I pray that simple things begin to take on deeper meaning for you and that your life will be transformed by the new revelations God is bringing to your life. I pray that your life today will be different, that you will change with the seasons and become the beautiful creation that God has been working on all summer.

Until We Meet Again,

Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment