Thursday, September 23, 2010

Waking Up Late

Have you ever had one of those mornings where you woke up late and you knew from the minute your eyes hit the clock that you were going to be behind the proverbial 8 ball all day? Today is that kind of day for me. I stayed up later than I should have last night and when I woke up at my normal 4:15 am I thought I would roll over, close my eyes for a few more minutes and wake up slowly. Ha! I woke up a hour and 15 minutes later! Now I am running way late on my daily routine.

When I reach the end of today I know it will be in the hands of God. I have the choice to be frustrated and grouchy or to be accepting and humble about my situation. My humanity has created a challenge for me today and first I will put myself in the hands of my Lord. Then I will choose a positive attitude. I will remember to pray throughout the day and ask for God's guidance and intervention, and I will try not to move faster than my guardian angel can fly (I love that visor clip reminder).

My prayer for today is that we will all remember that we are in God's hands, EVERYDAY, we never reach the end of a day without being carried in His loving hands at some point. I pray that our attitudes will be ones of positive, accepting, humble service. I pray that we are able to be deeply moved by some experience we have and can see the Glory of God revealed in our lives today. I pray that I can get my butt moving and out the door on time this morning.

Until We Meet Again,

Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment