Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Seeing the Fruit

No, I am not getting ready to do a still life painting of a bowl fruit. And I am not on a starvation diet where everything I see looks like food. I am beginning to see the "fruits of my labor" and I am in awe!

When I first decided to make changes in my life, a little over a month ago now, I knew I was making the right choice, following God's calling. What I didn't know was why, or what exactly He was asking me to do. I foolishly thought it had more to do with me and what He wanted to do inside of me than what He had planned for others. I was wrong again.

I was stopped dead in my tracks yesterday when it finally hit me, when I could see a small piece of the beautiful puzzle God is creating through my life. I am not a puzzle person, I don't have the patience to find a home for 500 tiny pieces without feeling a well of frustration bubble over inside me. I can totally appreciate the hard work that people put in on creating an intricate design and am amazed at how some people find it relaxing. I am more of a "let me ooh and ahh over your masterpiece' kind of puzzle admirer.

But yesterday I could see the bowl of fruit starting to take shape in the puzzle picture, and it was because of work I had done. I am doing what God has asked me, even though I may not fully understand why, and He is blessing me with glimpses of the impact it is making. He is revealing more of His majesty and power, not for His benefit, but in order to keep me motivated and focused.

It is a humbling thing to realize your efforts are making a difference. It is even more humbling to realize that you could not have done it alone, under your own power. Sure I can make a difference in my life by tying my own shoe, under my own power, so that I will not trip and fall on my face and risk injury or embarrassment. It is a totally different thing to walk out the door with both your shoes untied, make it safely down the front steps, into work, and through your entire day without stepping on your own laces, or having someone else step on them, and you landing on your backside with a firm thump. Walking around like that takes extra effort and a watchful eye to make sure you do not come to harm. I can tie my shoes, God can keep me from falling on my face on the days I forget to.

So I ask you, have you slowed down enough lately to see the bowl of fruit being created in the puzzle of your life? Have you experienced the joy of getting through your day without injury or embarrassment and even better realizing it was a day you were highly effective and productive? Have you acknowledged the work God is doing in you and through you? If not, I hope you take the time to think about it. It will rock the socks right out of your untied shoes!

My prayer for today is that you may know the fullness of the Glory of God. I pray that you will be humbled by His power and the work He is doing in the world around you. I pray that you will be open to the calling God has placed on your life and you will courageously take steps to follow Him. I pray that you will be able to see the fruits of your labor and you will be amazed at how God is including you in His plans.

Until We Meet Again,

Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment