Sunday, September 26, 2010

PlantVentura

I have been fortunate to know some special people over the course of my life. My grandfather tops the list. He was THE most special person in my life as I was growing up. He taught me how to be my own unique person in a world that wants to make us cookie-cutter act-a-likes. He taught me how to respect the individual while protecting the group. He taught me what it means to fully devout yourself to sacrificial work, for the benefit of others.

I was blessed yesterday to be in the company of six special people that hold the same beliefs as my grandfather did. The team of PlantVentura. Jen and T.D. Oakes, Jodi and Mike Hickerson, and Dynell and Jim Sheldon are taking a MAJOR leap of faith; leaving comfortable lives, successful careers, happy homes, and a healthy church in order to plant a new church in the heart of rocky soil, Ventura CA.

I was part of a group that was honored to hear the story of obedience and devotion from the PlantVentura team. They shared their journey from feeling the first rumblings in their hearts to the joining of forces, to the creation of partnerships, to the three year strategic plan that will make this calling from God a reality.

After sharing their story they asked for three things in return: Partner. Pray. Promote.

Pray: A no-brainer. God is clearly up to big time Kingdom work through this team and it will be both an honor and a blessing to pray for their success and favor as they move forward with this important project.

Promote: Super simple! Getting the word out has never been a trouble for me. I like to share my thoughts with others, especially when it is about something as worthwhile and impacting as this is. Who knows where one conversation might lead, what providential relationships might be brought to light. I have family all up and down the CA coast, some just a few miles away from where the team is headed. What about you? How many family and friends do you know that live in Southern CA (the Ventura County area is east of Santa Barbara and west of Los Angeles)?

Partner: They have several levels for people to become involved with supporting the team through financial resources. The most intriguing to me was the 36 for 36. People make investments of $36 a month for 36 months. TOTALLY doable, right!?!

But hey, don't just take my word for it. Check it out for yourself. Go to PlantVentura.com and see what all the excitement is about. Even if you are not in a place to be able to Partner with the team, Praying and Promoting cost you nothing and can only bring about great rewards for both you and the PlantVentura Team!

My prayer for today is that you may think outside your own life and be moved by the life changing work God is calling other people to. I pray that you are so moved that you begin to feel a stirring in your heart to make a difference in the lives of others. I pray that by opening yourself up to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, you will be drawn closer to the heart of our Creator and know that you are a beloved child of the Most High God. I pray that your life will be wrecked by the passions of God's heart and that you will have the courage to Partner, Pray, and Promote the work of the Lord.

Until We Meet Again,

Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment